web site terms and conditions
Please read this carefully. By accessing the Rapscallion web site (“the Site”) you are agreeing to the terms that appear below. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org These Terms were last updated on 23 February 2016.
This Site is owned and operated by RapscallionPress. As a user, you will be able to access material on most areas of the Site without going through a registration process. Certain areas of the Site are only open to you if you have been provided with a relevant password. There is no specific time limit applying to your access and use of the Site on these terms. However, RapscallionPress reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access and use of the Site at any time. It may exercise this right with or without notice. If applicable, notice will be given to your e-mail address as notified to RapscallionPress . In that event, notice will be deemed to be served three hours after transmission or posting.
Use of Content
All material on the Site (the “Content”) belongs to RapscallionPress or its licensors. You may retrieve and display content from the Site on a computer screen, print individual pages on paper (but not photocopy them) and store such pages in electronic form on disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for your personal use. We have tried to ensure (RapscallionPress has taken all reasonable steps to ensure) that all information we provide through this Site is correct at the time we included it. However, the RapscallionPress does not warrant the accuracy, correctness or completeness of the information on this Site. The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for your own research or independent advice.
Except as expressly set out above, you may not reproduce, modify or in any way commercially exploit any of the Content. In particular, but without limiting the general application of the restrictions contained in the preceding sentence, you may not do any of the following without prior written permission from RapscallionPress :
- redistribute any of the content;
- remove the copyright or trade mark notice from any copies of Content made under these Terms;
- create a database in electronic or structured manual form by systematically downloading and storing all or any of the Content.
Software and Java™ Security
Copyright in any software that is made available for download from the Site (“Software”) belongs to RapscallionPress or its suppliers. Your use of the Software is governed by the terms of any licence agreement that may accompany or be included with the Software. Do not install or use any Software unless you agree to such licence agreement.
RapscallionPress may from time to time give you the option to modify your browser to enable you to access certain requested services along with other applications. In that event, a dialogue box will be shown on your screen requiring your authorisation for the modification to proceed. By clicking the ‘Grant’ button (or equivalent) on the dialogue box, you will allow RapscallionPress to modify your browser to enable you to view the service on your screen at the same time as you work on other applications. The dialogue box may display a ‘high risk’ notice. The reason for this is that this modification makes it technically possible for the browser to be used by RapscallionPress for other purposes.
RapscallionPress guarantees to you that such modification will only be used to view the requested service with other applications and (if you have clicked on ‘Remember this decision’) to view in a similar way any other service you may specifically request from RapscallionPress in the future.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer
Nothing in this disclaimer shall exclude or limit the RapscallionPress ’s liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by RapscallionPress ’s negligence or that of its officers or employees; (ii) fraud; or (iii) any matter in respect of which it would be illegal for RapscallionPress to exclude or limit or to attempt to exclude or limit its liability such as breach of contract. Please note that this applies throughout this disclaimer.
Subject to the above, access to the Site and the Content on this Site is provided for general information purposes for your own personal use and while all reasonable steps are taken to ensure that the material provided on this Site is correct at the time we included it, access to the Site and the Content on this Site is provided without any conditions, warranties, representation or other terms of any kind, whether express or implied by statute, common law or otherwise. RapscallionPress does not accept any responsibility in respect of your access to, or use or inability to use, the Site or its Contents. Please verify all information before relying on it. Additionally,
- RapscallionPress will not be liable for any losses, costs, claims or damages (including without limitation, damages for loss of profits), however caused, resulting from your access to or use, or inability to use the Site or any Content (i) so long as (i) there is no breach of duty by RapscallionPress in respect of your access to or use of the Site; and (ii) such loss is not a reasonably foreseeable result of your access to, or use or inability to use the Site or its Contents. RapscallionPress ’s liability for any losses, costs, claims or damages shall be limited to a refund of the amount paid by you for the access to or use of the Site or the Contents in question.
- The Site contains links to other World Wide Web sites, either directly or through frames and, where possible, we will make clear where such links are being made. Links to third party web sites provided by independent third parties are provided solely for your convenience. Although external links are checked by the RapscallionPress from time to time, RapscallionPress has not reviewed these third party web sites. When you access a third party site, please note that it is independent from RapscallionPress and RapscallionPress does not control these websites or their content. A link to a third party website does not mean that RapscallionPress endorses, makes any representation abut or accepts responsibility for the content or the use of such websites. Any arrangements made between you and any third party named on this Site are at your sole risk and responsibility. However, should RapscallionPress be found to be negligent or in breach in its provision of such links, RapscallionPress will not seek to exclude liability.
- For the avoidance of doubt, and subject to the above, RapscallionPress will not be liable for any losses, costs, claims or damages (including, without limitation, any damages for loss of profits), however caused, resulting from your access to or use or inability to use the Site or any Content on the Site where the Site or any Content on the Site is being used by you in the course of business.
RapscallionPress will never sell personal information or share personal information with third parties unrelated to RapscallionPress . At RapscallionPress we use the information we collect to serve our customers in the following ways:
- How customers use RapscallionPress and the feedback they give us helps us develop and enhance the site.
- If you respond to a promotion or competition we will ask for your name, address and e-mail address. This is so that we can fulfil the promotion, notify competition winners and track the popularity of our marketing activity.
- We may also use your contact information to let you know about enhancements to the site, special offers and promotions. If you would rather not receive this information please inform us by contacting us.
Changes to these Terms
RapscallionPress reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any part of the Site. When terms are changed, RapscallionPress will [notify you by e-mail] or by publishing details of those changes by including them at the end of these Terms (see “Changes to these Terms”). If you use the Site and RapscallionPress has published or notified you of the changes, you are agreeing now to be bound by those changes. If you do not agree to be bound by those changes, you should not use the Site any further after they are published at the end of these Terms or after you (receive notice) of them.
Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English Law, and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Events Beyond Our Control
We will not be responsible for any breach of this Contract caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these Terms.
- If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- Failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy under these Terms does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
- The Trade Marks, service marks, and logos (the ‘Trade Marks’) used and displayed on this Site are registered and unregistered Trade Marks of RapscallionPress and others.
- Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trade Mark displayed on the Site, without written permission from RapscallionPress . The name of RapscallionPress may not be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on this Site, without prior, written permission.
- RapscallionPress prohibits use of the RapscallionPress logo as a ‘hot’ link to the site unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by RapscallionPress in writing.
Ordering Terms and Conditions
- In the unlikely event that a product is unavailable when you place your order, we shall contact you to arrange replacement, or another acceptable arrangement for the completion of your order.
- We reserve the right not to accept any order.
- We guarantee delivery within ten days of your order, except for items which are specifically indicated as taking longer. However, if it is impossible to come to a mutually agreeable delivery arrangement in this time, the actual delivery time may be extended until such arrangement is guaranteed.
- We may use an independent carrier such as Business Post. The carrier will only attempt to deliver the product twice, after which we regret that you will be responsible for making your own arrangements with them for delivery. The products will be returned to our warehouse if they have not been collected from the carrier within 21 days.
- All our prices are inclusive of VAT.
- Promotional offers and prices are as stated, with no further discounts available.
- We will provide a full refund or replacement for any wines that are faulty. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- We may require faulty bottles to be returned to us. We will arrange this as necessary at your convenience.
Cancellations and complaints
- You may cancel your order at any time until seven working days after delivery. Should you decide to cancel, all charges to you will be refunded as soon as the goods are returned in merchantable condition.
- In the event of complaint please e-mail email@example.com or contact us giving as much detail as you can. All complaints will be acknowledged within 48 hours and you can expect a full resolution of your complaint within a further 72 hours. You will be kept informed if there is any delay beyond this. Each complaint will be treated as confidential and will be attended to by a senior manager or director.
Credit, Debit and Charge Cards
- RapscallionPress Limited process all card purchases through World Pay for a fee. Those customers that pay wholly by card pay 2.5% of the total to World Pay Merchant Services. The balance of 97.5% is paid to RapscallionPress Limited for the goods or services. The total price is unaffected by the method of payment used.
- In the first instance please contact RapscallionPress Limited by e-mail, fax or telephone, as indicated at the time of order and by subsequent communication.
- This website is operated by RapscallionPress Limited. Trading Address: 39a Princess Road, London, NW1 8JS, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Registered in England & Wales #09461707, Registered Address: 933 Great Cambridge Road, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 4BY
These terms and conditions apply to orders through the main RapscallionPress website. Orders placed by other means are subject to their own terms and conditions as mutually agreed.
If you have any further questions about this, please email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
Card payment security Security is probably one of the most significant concerns for both you, the client, and ourselves during an online transaction. In reality an online transaction is probably more secure than a card transaction in a shop or conducted over the telephone or by fax, as the information transmitted online is highly encrypted using complicated logarithm combinations.
The WorldPay payment system uses a combination of both established and innovative techniques to ensure the security and integrity of all sensitive data. Furthermore, their public web servers are certified by Thawte, a public Certificate Authority, ensuring that both the client and firm can have confidence that nobody can impersonate WorldPay to obtain confidential information.
Transaction Encryption The transfer of the purchase details from our web site to Worldpay are encapsulated using their own encrypted and digitally-signed protocol. This uses a combination of standard methods such as PGP, RSA and MD5 to ensure that the information passed is secure and tamper-proof. Security for the Shopper Any communication between the client and WorldPay is also encrypted to the maximum strength supported by the client’s browser using TLS or 128 BitSSL. Clients are also protected from fraudulent use of their card in a “card not present” environment, by their card issuers.
The card issuers provides the right for the cardholder to dispute a transaction if the card was used fraudulently. Data Storage Data storage on WorldPay systems, and the communication between WorldPay and the worldwide banking networks, is regularly audited by the banking authorities to ensure a secure transaction environment. WorldPay also ensure that they stay up-to-date with the latest versions of any third-party code they use, and continually review their own proprietary code.